Enterprise Holdings, Inc. through its independent regional subsidiaries (collectively "Enterprise Holdings") and its network of independent franchisees and distribution partners operating under the Enterprise Rent-A-Car, National Car Rental and Alamo Rent A Car brands, provides global reservation and rental management services.
You may provide us with certain information when you conduct a transaction or interact with our websites and offices. We collect the following types of personal information:
- Your name, contact information, date of birth, driver's license number and expiration date, and emergency contact information;
- Information regarding your vehicle rental, e.g., location, date and type of rental, and preferences;
- Credit card information, Enterprise, Alamo or National rewards information, online user account information, corporate/member ID numbers, passport information, and information about frequent flyer program memberships or travel agency partners;
- Information provided about your marketing preferences or information provided during your participation in surveys or promotional offers;
- Photographs you submit of you and your driver's license or receipts provided through camera features available on some of our mobile applications and websites;
- Third parties provide us with additional information about you, including the following Referral Sources, such as third party online booking sites (which provide us with general contact information and a booking confirmation number to facilitate the rental), your company (general contact information) and your insurance provider (general contact and policy information). Where applicable, our referral programs. Hotels, airlines and membership clubs that provide us with their general contact and booking information. Credit reporting agencies that, for fraud prevention purposes, provide us with identity-related information. Service providers, such as customer service (information related to customer service and inquiries made by you), customer survey providers (your response to our customer service surveys) and marketing providers (information to help us better communicate our products and services). With your consent, we will access location-based information or collect location markers from your mobile device or based on your IP address. We will use this information to provide you with notifications regarding our offices, return information, local offers or other information that we think will be useful to provide you with better services. We do not use this information to specifically locate you for any reason other than to provide you with our services. With your consent, our application will use your device's camera. If you have allowed us to use your location information or your device's camera in the past and wish to revoke this permission, please change the settings on your device.
Our websites and online marketing are not directed to children under the age of 18 or minors in the relevant country, and ANC Group does not knowingly collect personal information relating to them. However, if you believe that your child has provided us with their personal information and you need to request its removal, please contact us using the link at the top of this page.
We use the information we collect from or about you to provide our services to you and for the following purposes:
- When it is necessary to enter into a contract with you and provide services to you during its term, for example:
- To assist you in carrying out transactions you request, such as the reservation, rental or purchase of motor vehicle vehicles.
- Provide customer service related to your interactions with us or to respond to your inquiry.Enroll you in our loyalty programs and send you non-promotional information linked to your enrollment in these programs.
- When necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including the following cases:
- Sharing information about the location of your vehicle with emergency services in the event you are involved in a traffic accident.
- Sharing information with governmental and regulatory authorities when required by law or in response to a legal process, compulsion or court request.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests, as set out below, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights, which includes:
- Communicating important information about your rental, such as arrival and return alerts. These communications, which are transactional in nature, will be sent by email or SMS.
- To help us provide better products and services, for example, to evaluate the performance of our staff, assess the quality of products and services received and help us improve our websites, facilities and services.
- To compile statistics and analysis about how customers use our websites, products and services. These statistics are used only to provide better services, products, features and exceptional functionality to all current and future users.
- Build a profile about you and your interactions with us so that we can make available to you personalized offers, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you.
- Protect our legal rights and manage the security of our networks and properties. For example, we will use CCTV systems to ensure the security of our premises and maintain lists of customers who pose a non-payment or security risk.
- Share your information with third parties to prevent fraud and protect our business interests and rights, as well as privacy, security and property, or those of a class. We will do this to collect unpaid invoices, avoid liability for penalties you incur (for example, traffic fines) and for the purpose of processing claims.
- Share your data with third parties so that we can seek remedies or limit the damages we deal with, or enforce the terms of any rental agreements or the terms and conditions of our websites. We will also share your data with third parties if it infringes the rights of another individual.
- Where you have given your consent, for example:
- To help us provide you with the most appropriate vehicles, such as those with adaptive driving devices. In some cases, this will require us to explicitly infer or collect information about your health or physical condition.
- To allow us to use telematics systems (for example, to track mileage and location in the event of theft and to alert us if telematics systems have been removed or tampered with).
- To send you specific marketing or promotional communications, opportunities and services that may be of interest to you. These will include invitations to join our loyalty programs, upgrade announcements, e-newsletters and communications in connection with incomplete registration forms or online bookings. You will receive some of the offers through advertising on non-Enterprise sites, such as social media.
- Send you messages with urgent communications related to your transaction (e.g., airport office construction delays), opportunities to extend the length of your rental, customer experience surveys, marketing promotions such as coupons, discounts, last minute special offers, or information about loyalty and rewards programs.
We retain your personal information for as long as we need it to fulfill our business purposes, as follows:
- Marketing Purposes: We retain data linked to cookies and other online identifiers for up to three years. We also retain other marketing information, such as data associated with email subscription and loyalty program enrollment, for up to 7 years after your last interaction with us.
- Rental Transactions: we retain data associated with your rental agreement for up to 7 years from the date of rental, in accordance with other local legal requirements. We keep records of payments made for 2 years from the date of the transaction (depending on the rental office).
- Customer service related inquiries: we keep general inquiries for three years, unless you file a complaint, in which case we keep the complaint data for seven years.
- Disputes and law enforcement: if we become involved in litigation or government or regulatory agency investigations, we keep the data throughout the period of litigation or investigation and for the next 5 years. If an agreement states that we must retain data longer, then we will retain it for the period necessary to enforce the agreement. If we provide data to authorities, we keep a record of this for one year after the completion of the investigation.
To identify who is the controller, or the equivalent under applicable law, of your personal data, please visit the contact page.
We will share your data with third parties, such as (1) providers of payment, administration and technical support or replacements for insurers, corporate rentals or other partners or customers to facilitate their rental transactions and rewards programs with Enterprise Holdings group partners; (2) companies that conduct consumer analytics or satisfaction surveys on our behalf; (3) communications providers that send emails and other marketing and service communications on our behalf; (4) customer service providers, such as our live chat provider, in order to provide you with customer service; (5) debt collection providers; (6) claims processors; and (7) our marketing and advertising partners, as well as third party media, including social networking sites, with whom we share aggregated or anonymous information about our customers, so that they can send personalized advertising messages on our behalf, analyze, enhance and manage our data, run mobile analytics services, as well as maintain and improve our services (subject to relevant confidentiality agreements).
Your personal data may also be shared with government authorities as described above.
Your information may be transferred to another company in the event of a transfer, change of ownership, restructuring or assignment of all or a portion of ANC Group's business or assets. This may occur if the parties have entered into a contract under which the collection, use and disclosure of the information is limited to the aforementioned purposes of the business transaction, including the determination whether or not to proceed with the business transaction. You will be notified by email or by a prominent notice on our websites for thirty (30) days of any change in ownership or control of your personal information, or as otherwise required or permitted by law.
We may post customer testimonials on our websites with personal data. We use a third-party vendor to manage this process. This provider is responsible for obtaining your consent as appropriate, removing content if you request it, and answering any questions you may have.
In order to operate and service you globally, entities around the world may transfer and access information you provide to us or that we collect. These entities include:
- Franchised or corporate offices: If you make a reservation to be processed by a franchisee in another country or an Enterprise corporate office (for example, in the United States, Canada, Germany, Spain, France, Ireland, and the United Kingdom), we will transfer your personal information to that country in order to facilitate the requested transaction.
- Enterprise's global information systems established in the United States: Enterprise maintains its global information systems in the United States. If you provide us with or we collect personal information about you outside of the United States, we will transfer and retain that information in the United States.
- Third Party Service Providers: We use third party service providers that are located outside of the countries in which we have corporate offices, such as call centers, claims processors and IT providers. When we transfer your personal information to our third party service providers outside the EEA, we use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission.
Other of your rights may include: 1) requesting a copy of your personal information; 2) correcting it; 3) deleting certain categories or types of information; 4) restricting certain types of processing; 5) obtaining the information you provide in a structured, machine-readable format; and 6) transferring some of this information to other organizations.
You have the right to object to the processing of personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests. Where we have sought your consent to process the information, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body in relation to our processing of your personal information and/or the way in which we have responded to or handled any concerns you have raised with us.
We reserve the right to withhold access to your information or to limit your rights (if such disclosure is prohibited by law or if the rights of another person may be violated). In some cases, this may mean that we may retain your personal information even if you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to object to direct marketing and profiling for direct marketing purposes. You may opt out of direct marketing communications from Enterprise Holdings and our affiliates and franchisees by following the instructions included in the communications you receive. You may also contact us directly using the link at the top of this page.
You may opt out of ads appearing on non-Enterprise sites by clicking on the ad options icon in the ad or through the privacy settings on the site.